Did you know that cream cheese can make just about any dish taste delicious? One of my husband’s favorite noodle dishes is so simple and easy to make — Cream Cheese Noodles.
My mother in law got me turned on to these when I was dating Stephen. She invited me over for dinner one night and made these egg noodles and then just melted a block of cream cheese on them.
I swear you would have thought that I had just died and went to heaven.
The creaminess of the cheese against the starch in the pasta is unbelievably OUT of this world.
Here is my recipe. It is super simple and only requires 2 ingredients. It goes great as a side next to my Poppyseed Chicken Casserole.
- 1 bag of extra wide egg noodles
- 1 block of full fat cream cheese
- Take a bag of egg noodles and cook them until they are done. Make sure to salt the water good so that the noodles have some flavor of their own.
- Pour off most of the water leaving just a tiny bit in the bottom of the pan.
- Cube up a block of cream cheese and place in the pot with the cooked noodles.
- Mix together until cream cheese has melted. These are soooo good!
I have tried making a healthier version of this, but the lower fat cream cheese just breaks up and does not taste as good, so make sure to use regular full fat cream cheese.
What have you been making lately?