With the rising costs of food and gas here lately, Kayla and I have been looking for ways to make things “homemade” to save on costly prepackaged foods. Recently a friend of mine directed me to this website, Hillbilly Housewife.Here I found a recipe on how to make homemade pizza.
I started looking at all the really helpful frugal information on this website and was pleased to find this is exactly what I was looking for. They have this really great recipe for homemade pizza on there! Kayla and I decided to make a “Meat Lover’s” pizza for Stephen. It was so easy to make and it tasted delicious!
Kayla and I were tickled to death that it came out looking like a pizza you would actually order in a restaurant. Anyway, I thought I would share the recipe with you!
Pizza is really easy to make. If you are feeling adventurous, you can even try making these specialty pizzas — BBQ Chicken Pizza and Cheeseburger Pizza.
- 2-1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Dry Active Yeast
- ¾ Cup Water
- ¼ Cup oil
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp oil for flavoring
- In bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and yeast. Stir it up to distribute the salt and yeast evenly. Add the water and oil. You may need to add a teaspoon or more of water if the day is dry. Mix the dough until it forms a ball in the middle of the bowl. It should be a little stiffer than biscuit dough. Knead dough about 10 to 12 times and then form in a ball. Place the ball in the center of a 16" pizza pan or a 9x13 pan. Use your hands and a rolling pin to roll dough out into the pan. Press the dough into the pan until it is medium thickness.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato sauce, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, sugar, onion powder, and oil. Mix it well and spread on the pizza crust.
- I microwaved some bacon and crumbled it up on our pizza. We also used pepperoni, and browned some sausage and hamburger. We sprinkled this on top of the pizza sauce and then topped our pizza with cheese!
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes. This is a great way to make homemade pizzas!