I am not much of a football fan (don’t hurt me guys–I am just not!) The only reason I go to these parties is for the food! I LOVE tailgating party foods, like my recipe below for Potato Slabs.
This week over at Life as Mom, she is collecting the best of the best tailgating recipes so I thought I would share mine! I went to Smoky Bones once and had these potato slabs. They were the most delicious thing I had ever eaten! I was bound and determined to make them myself and I did.
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sour Cream (garnish)
- Green Onions (garnish)
- Cook the potatoes in either the microwave or oven. If cooking in the microwave, poke holes in potatoes and then place in the microwave for about 8 minutes depending on wattage of microwave. If cooking in the oven, poke holes and wrap in aluminum foil. Put stove on 350 degrees and bake for about 2 hours (they do taste better this way, but I have fixed them both ways and they always get gobbled up).
- After the potatoes have baked, set them aside and let them cool until they can be handled. Slice potatoes about ½" thick and place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle potatoes with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles. Place under broiler until cheese has melted.
- Top with sour cream and green onions.