I love Chinese food. I could live on it morning, noon, and night. Of course our budget cannot handle eating Chinese out every night, so I had to find a way to make our favorites at home for a small fraction of the cost. One of my favorite things are these delicious Fried Cream Cheese Wontons.
I thought they would be extremely hard to make, but I soon found out that they are one of the easiest things I have ever made, and they taste scrumptious!
Fried Cream Cheese Wontons
- 1 block of Cream Cheese Softened
- ¼ cup sugar (or more if you like them sweeter)
- ½ package of wonton wrappers
- oil for frying
- water to make edges stick together
- Put your oil into a deep pot on the stove and allow it to heat to about 350 degrees. Mix cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl. Lay out all your won ton wrappers. Take a spoon and put a dollop of the cream cheese mixture in each one. Take a pastry brush and brush each side of the won ton wrapper with water. Bring the edges up to meet in a triangle and press together, making sure the water seals all the edges. Fry a few a time until lightly browned. Be careful and watch for those that will try to open on you. . .it can be a HUGE mess.
- Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce.