This has become our “go to” potato when I want something crunchy but somewhat healthier than the fried version. Here is my recipe for Homemade Potato Wedges baked in an oven.
These potato wedges are a perfect side dish to my yummy Quick French Dip Roast Beef Sandwiches. While the sandwiches are making, you can pop these in the oven for a perfect yummy and hearty meal.
Nothing goes better with beef like crunchy potato wedges. YUM!
- 6 Russet Potatoes cut into lengthwise quarters
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Add your oil to a baking sheet or pan that has sides that will catch the oil. Make sure that the oil covers the bottom of the pan completely.
- Cut each potato into 8 wedges. Combine all dry ingredients into a Ziplock baggie and add a few potatoes at a time. Shake to coat well. Place them coated side down into the oil in the pan. Continue doing this until all potatoes have been coated with the dry flour mixture. Bake for about 20minutes and then pull out and flip over on the other side. Bake for an extra 20 minutes. Pull wedgies out of the oven and then sprinkle with a little kosher salt. Serve hot.
- Serves: 4