We have not been doing a great job of staying on task of getting our cooking lessons completed. The last one we were able to complete was making homemade blueberry muffins from scratch. It is VERY easy to do. My kids made this batch together–
You can make a batch too! Easy, inexpensive, and much better for you than the boxed stuff. Nothing tastes better than a homemade blueberry muffin slathered with deliciously soft butter.
- ¼ cup flour (for blueberries)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup margarine
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 muffins tins, or line cups with paper liners.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup flour over blueberries, and stir to coat berries thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine, and gradually mix in sugar. Beat eggs, and stir into creamed mixture along with vanilla. Stir in milk alternately with flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Fold in berries. Fill muffin cups ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
My son is a lover of chocolate chip, but my favorite muffin flavor is the one I shared above.
What is your favorite muffin flavor?