I don’t think I will ever buy another round of Little Cesar bread sticks again! I made homemade garlic breadsticks last week to go with a pasta dish we were having and I will say that these were scrumptious.
Even though I overcooked mine for about 10 minutes by accident.
They are supposed to be very soft and delicious. They are that, mine were just a bit crunchy, but they were still awesome! In fact, I think the crunch gave them an extra added bump of flavor.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley (optional, for decoration)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup margarine (1 stick)
- 1 more teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the flour, salt, garlic powder, baking powder, and parsley together.
- Add the milk and stir until you get a nice ball of dough.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes. If it is sticky, just add a little extra flour.
- Lay dough out on the counter or on a piece of wax paper or butcher paper.
- Roll out the dough to fit your pan (mine is a 13x9).
- Place the butter in the pan and melt it in the oven. You can sprinkle the extra garlic and salt in the butter if you want, but I did not.
- lay your rectangle of dough into the butter. Cut it into strips and then in half.
- Place breadsticks in the oven for about 20 minutes. I sprinkled mine with parmesean cheese for the last few minutes of baking.