In an effort to clean out my pantry which seems to be completely overloaded in every area, I have been trying to create my own versions of meals that sound appealing to me. I made a delicious Grilled Steak Alfredo this week.
Y’all know I love me some chicken alfredo, but I am out of chicken—ACK! I know, right? I never run out of chicken! But I refuse to buy anything else until we eat up what we have 🙂
That is how this meal came to be! I had some stir fry steak pieces I had purchased from the butcher, which happened to be on sale for $3.59, a box of pasta noodles that I purchased on the markdown shelf for .29, and a delicious and easy alfredo sauce burning in my mind. So I decided to create the perfect pasta dish!
If you remember, back in November I shared a recipe for making your own homemade alfredo sauce. It tastes deelish on this steak pasta!
Here is the recipe friends 🙂
- 1 package of stir fry beef strips from the butcher
- 1 box of penne pasta
- McCormick Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 clove of garlic sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of butter
- ¾ cup grated parmesean cheese
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Shredded 5 cheese Italian cheese (optional) for garnish
- Marinate your steak strips with 2 tablespoons of the steak seasoning, the clove of sliced garlic, and the olive oil. Place all in a bag in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- When you are ready to begin cooking your steak, get out your grill pan and grill a few pieces at a time. Don't overcrowd the pan or steaming will occur instead of grilling. When the meat is done to your satisfaction, remove from the pan and set it aside to rest.
- While the meat is cooking, make your alfredo sauce using the butter, parmesean cheese, and heavy cream. In a medium sauce pan, add cream and butter together. Heat until it is all melted. Add Parmesan cheese and continue to stir until sauce just starts to thicken.
- When the noodles have finished cooking, drain almost all the water from the pan, leaving about a ¼ of the cup in the bottom. This will allow your sauce to stick to the noodles :)
- Slice the steak into little chunks and throw in the pan with the noodles. Pour the alfredo sauce over the noodles and steak and mix together to combine.
- Serve with garlic bread and a salad for a complete meal!
What is your favorite pasta dish?