My garden is over run with kale so I decided to put it to good use and make some kale chips. This recipe only takes minutes to make and the kids will love it if they are veggie eaters.
I thought it was just okay.
Hubby did not like it.
Robert wouldn’t even try it because it was green.
But Kayla? She loved it! Said it was the best healthiest snack she has had in a long time.
So here is the VERY simple and easy way to make kale chips.
- A big bunch of kale torn into pieces, stems removed
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Massage the oil into the leaves of the kale. Season them with sea salt and place on a baking sheet. Don't let the leaves touch each other (place in a single layer).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved.
Getting our kids to eat healthier snacks is a hard job, especially today when so many bad choices are out there for them. However, if we put things before them that look appealing, then they possibly would make better choices when it comes to their snacking options.
This would definitely be one of those snacks that are considered an appealing choice. There is just something about that crunchy leaf that will blow their minds. How can something green be so tasty?
Kids will definitely want to know 🙂
Have you ever tried kale chips before? What was your thought about them?