I discovered a recipe by accident the other day. Want to know what it is? I found out that I can make homemade potato chips! They are so good. Look at them!
If you look at the store these days, potato chips can be very expensive — some bags even costing as much as almost $5! To me, that is just ridiculous. I can pay $2.99 for a 5 pound bag of potatoes and make chips for pennies per serving. Now, why would I want to spend $5 when I can spend pennies?
If you have a mandolin (potato cutter) then you can make these too! Put it on the super thin slices setting. Slice your potatoes. Heat your oil. Place your slices in the oil and cook until they are crisp.
Remove then and then drain them on a towel. Sprinkle with salt and VOILA! You have potato chips!
If you don’t have a mandolin, you can still make them, you just have to slice them really thin. It takes a bit longer, but they still turn out super delicious!
- 2 russet potatoes, scrubbed cleaned and sliced
- oil for frying
- seasoning of your choice
- Take oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Place the potato slices in the fryer a few at a time so that they don't crowd each other.
- Fry for just a few minutes until lightly golden brown and then place on a paper towel to drain.
- Sprinkle with salt or other seasoning flavor
Super easy and very delicious 🙂
Do you make homemade potato chips? What flavors have been your favorites?