Last week, Kayla and I made slime. It was SO awesome!
At first, I wasn’t for sure it was going to come together. It wasn’t meshing well in the bowl when we put the mixtures together. It kind of looked like this:
It wasn’t long before something started happening. It was really neat just to watch the two components start coming together.
A few minutes later and the mixture really started to thicken. Kayla was SO ready to stick her hands in!
And finally, it was ready to really play with! Robert and Kayla have both played with our homemade slime!
It’s really easy to make and has a great Science lesson behind it if you look it up online. Here is how you can make your own homemade slime!
- Two mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Green and yellow food coloring
- Mix together 3/4 cup warm water, 1 cup glue and several drops of green food coloring in the first bowl.
- In the second bowl, mix together 4 teaspoons borax and 1 1/3 cups warm water.
- Pour the contents of the first bowl into the second, but don’t stir. Let it sit for 1 minute, then lift the now-congealed slime out of the bowl.
- Divide slime so that each child has a piece to play with. The glue in slime can make it stick to certain fabrics. To minimize accidents, give each little monster a zip-top bag to store it in.
I used the Disney Family Fun website for this recipe.