There are many times in life when you come across a recipe that becomes like a staple in your home. This recipe for Beefy Dorito Taco Salad is one of those ones that will make you fall in love–all over again!
You know my love for Mexican food so anytime I can find a recipe that involves taco seasoning, ground beef, and doritios–I am so there. 🙂
This recipe came to me from one of the ladies at our church. She makes this incredible salad with just a few ingredients, and it is SO filling. I can see this being a main course for someone who is wanting to eat a little lighter. It’s a salad and meal all in one. Did I mention how inexpensive it is to make?
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 ½ ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 bag of iceberg salad lettuce
- 1 red onion, diced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Sweet Honey Catalina dressing
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) bag Doritos , crushed
- Brown meat with taco seasoning mix, drain grease.
- While meat is browning, chop onion and mix onion, lettuce and shredded cheese.
- Let meat cool a little and then mix with salad lettuce. Cool in the refrigerator. Right before serving, add the dressing, and crushed doritos to lettuce.
What is your favorite salad recipe? This is one of my all time favorites!