A couple of weeks ago, Kayla and I had a girls night in while the guys were out doing guy things. We love when we have these nights to ourselves because it gives us the opportunity to create new foods like this delicious Lemon Pasta, and spend some quality mommy daughter time together.
We both were in a pasta mood so I decided to do some browsing and find a delicious new pasta recipe. I came upon a Baked Lemon Pasta recipe from the Pioneer Woman that I knew I could twist and adapt to fit our style.
I loved the flavors of this creamy and delicious Lemon Pasta. I did not bake mine as the Pioneer Woman did and it still turned out fabulous. This one is quickly becoming a favorite among my daughter and I.
- 1 pound Thin Spaghetti
- 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Lemon, Juiced And Zested
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt, Or More To Taste
- Plenty Of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Flat-leaf Parsley, Chopped
- Extra Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook spaghetti until al dente.
- In a skillet, melt butter with olive oil over LOW HEAT. When butter is melted, add minced garlic. Squeeze lemon juice into the pan. Turn off heat.
- Add sour cream and stir mixture together. Add lemon zest and salt. Taste, then add more salt if necessary. Pour mixture over drained spaghetti and serve.
I served this pasta dish with some bread that I got on sale and a delicious Spinach and Strawberry salad (recipe coming soon).
This entire meal costs me around $6 to make for the entire family (enough to feed a family of 6-8)! It was filling, delicious and so inexpensive that I will be making this again real soon!
What have you made lately?