I have a love for chicken. It is my favorite go-to meat when I want something healthy and delicious. This recipe for Creole Chicken with Mango Salsa I discovered several years ago when I got one of those mailing packages with a few test recipes inside. My husband and I had just discovered that we liked spicy foods so I cooked it up giving it a try.
it was out of this world delicious — and spicy!
The one thing about this recipe that you need to know is that you need the mango salsa to cut through the heat. If you try to eat this creole grilled chicken by itself, your mouth will be on fire. The mango salsa is just the right amount of sweet to cut through the heat 🙂
Make this recipe. You will be SO glad you did!
- 2 tablespoons of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound of chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped tomato
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine all the spices together and place in a ziplock bag. Shake them to mix together. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and fry the chicken until it is done. Arrange the chicken on the plate and top with mango salsa and cilantro.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Cover, and allow to sit at least 30 minutes before serving.