This month I was given a new blog to check out in hopes I could find a new recipe to cook. The problem wasn’t finding just ONE recipe, the problem was deciding to figure out which recipe to cook.
I was given the website of Debbi Does Dinner. . .Healthy and Low Calorie. There is not one recipe on her site that does not have me drooling. I sat for hours pouring over her delicious and mouthwatering recipes. It took me forever to settle on one. When I did, I knew it was a winner 🙂 I was able to make Debbi’s BBQ Chicken Pizza — and instead of buying a Pilsbury crust, I used my homemade Pizza crust recipe. I also switched out the cheese on my pizza as I love, love, love fresh mozarella for homemade pizza 🙂
BBQ Chicken pizza is one of my favorite types of pizza.You can change up the flavor of your sauce simply by changing your bbq sauce –go tangy, go sweet, go full of heat, honey flavored–the possibilities are endless!
- 1 homemade pizza crust
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp. barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup Catalina light, salad dressing
- 1 heaping cup shredded cooked chicken (6 oz)
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 ball of fresh mozarella cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Spread pizza crust onto large cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for about 6 - 8 minutes until light brown.
- In small bowl, combine BBQ sauce and Catalina dressing together.
- Spread BBQ mixture on warm crust all the way to the edges. layer the mozarella cheese all the way around on the pizza.
- Spread shredded chicken evenly over sauce.
- Saute chopped onion in a skillet for about 2 - 3 minutes with 1 tblsp of oil just to get them started cooking. Spread onion evenly over pizza.
- Cook in oven for about 10 - 15 minutes until crust reaches desired crispness. Cut and serve.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley for garnish.
‘); // ]]>