Where I live we have a Save a lot. It has to be one of my favorite stores of all times. Not only can I feed my family for a small amount of money, I can get a week’s worth of groceries for around $60. You cannot beat that!
Save-a-Lot recently ran a contest where moms were issued the challenge of creating a very inexpensive meal. The winning recipe was Dollar Stretcher Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas. Save-a-Lot wanted my opinion on the taste, so they sent me $10 to spend to recreate the recipe and let me know.
$10 can go a long way at Save-a-Lot my friends 🙂
All I can say is YUM, YUM, YUM! Save-a-Lot did a fantabulous job choosing Amy as the winner! She really outdid herself with this recipe. I of course, had to top mine with tomatoes 🙂 (you can never have too many tomatoes in my opinion, especially if they are garden fresh)
- 1½ Cups Chopped, Cooked Chicken
- 4 Senora Verde® Flour Tortillas
- 1 Can Senora Verde® Refried Beans
- 1 Package Coburn Farms® shredded cheese
- 8 oz. Coburn Farms® Sour Cream
- 16 oz. Senora Verda salsa
- 1 tsp. Marcum® Chili Powder
- Grease or spray a 13"x9" baking pan. Lay 4 tortilla shells out and spread a thin layer of refried beans in the center. Sprinkle with chopped chicken and shredded cheese. Roll up and place in the baking pan, seam side down. Mix salsa, sour cream and chili powder in a small bowl. Pour over the enchiladas to cover. Cover with foil and bake at 350ºF for about 30 minutes. Garnish with additional shredded cheese when finished. Serve and enjoy!
I was sent a $10 stipend in order to write my review of this recipe. All opinions stated are my own.