I found a new sauce that I love. Chimichurri 🙂 yum, yum, yum! I have seen it on many different steaks, and to be honest, I always thought it was too hard to make. Then I realized how easy it is to make. If you are growing your own herb garden, that will make it even cheaper to make! (we are always about looking for ways to save money, right?)
- 1 cup of flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and chop. Use the puree function to get it as smooth as possible. Transfer to a bowl with a lid and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Can be refrigerated for up to a week.
What is your favorite sauce to top meats with? I would love to hear about them.