This month, I had the best blog ever to pull a recipe from. At Wholesome RD, I basically just went into a food coma looking at all the fabulous recipes that Erin has made since she started her blog is amazing. I really love the fact that what she shares is pretty healthy. That is why this month, I decided I wanted to try something new and totally different for my palette, so I made her fabulous Shaved Asparagus Pizza. Two words describe this pizza: YUM- MY. 🙂
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 8 oz. asparagus spears
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 3 oz. spreadable garlic herb cheese
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Prepared pizza dough
- Preheat the oven and a pizza stone at 500˚ F for at least 30 minutes. Roll out the pizza dough into a 12-14 inch round. Lightly brush the surface of the dough with olive oil.
- Cut the tough woody stems off the ends of the asparagus spears. Use a vegetable peeler to shave the spears into ribbons. Be sure to shave all your spears because it will cook down in the oven.
- Place the sliced mozzarella over the pizza dough in an even layer.
- Pile the asparagus shavings over the top of the mozzarella.
- Dot the surface of the pizza with the garlic herb cheese. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pizza to the preheated pizza stone and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the crust is lightly browned, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before slicing and serving.
‘); // ]]>