I love experimenting with new foods. Recently, I have been trying out Indian food. I like the flavor and spices so far and it goes great with Stonefire Authentic Naan Bread. My most recent creation is Slowcooker Curry Chicken. All I can say is YUM YUM!
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix (such as Knorr® French Onion Soup Mix)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves -- trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- Set the slow cooker to the High setting.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the onion until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Set the onion aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, coconut milk, dry soup mix, curry powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Place the chicken into the bottom of the slow cooker, and pour the mixture over the chicken. Stir in onion and mushrooms.
- Cook on High setting for 1½ hours, then reduce heat to Low and cook an additional 1½ to 2 hours.
You can pair this recipe with a side of cooked rice and Stonefire Naan Bread.
About Stonefire Authentic Naan
Stonefire naan are baked at extremely high heat, in a tandoor oven, just as they were hundreds of years ago. The extremely high heat produces the big bubbles, airy texture and delicious smoky flavour of an authentic Indian naan. Hand stretched and made with all natural ingredients including traditional, fresh buttermilk and ghee (clarified butter), naan can be used to create any meal. Pizza, Panini, Naanwich™ or as the perfect side to curry, naan is versatile and truly one of a kind. Naan has travelled the globe and we invite you to join in on the journey, making Stonefire naan uniquely yours.
Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads, makers of the #1 Naan in North America, wants to know what you love about naan.
Is it the worldly taste, the fresh buttermilk, or how versatile and easy it is to cook with?
Visit the Stonefire Facebook page and share what your favorite thing is about their delicious products.
I received product in order to write my review. All opinions remain my own.