Kayla is really into baking now. She and a friend made these Chocolate Kiss Cookies during Christmas (that is why they are red and green). However, you can put whatever color sprinkles you want on them–red and blue for the 4th of July, pink and yellow for Easter, orange and black for Halloween–the possibilities are ENDLESS!
Reprint from 2011.
Here is how she made them!
- 2⅔ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Colored sprinkles of your choice
- 5 dozen kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda. Add butter and peanut butter and mix until smooth. Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Make balls out of level tablespoons of dough - add flour if needed. Roll in colored sprinkles.
- Bake 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add 1 kiss to the center of each cookie. Return to the oven and bake for 2 more minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
This recipe is one of those that you want to add to your everyday holiday collection. You can make a batch of these and give them away as holiday gifts to all your family members.