There is a one pot meal that my husband loves more than anything. He has grown up eating this stuff since he was a little guy. That one pot wonder is Goulash. There are many ways to make this delicious meal, but an older family friend who I found out is now 84 years old — her recipe is the best one BY FAR that I have ever tasted.
It took me like 5 years to get her to give me the recipe because she kept forgetting, and finally my own mother in law tracked her down one day and got it from her. 🙂
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
This would look so yummy served on these gorgeous Rachael Ray Little Hoot Dinner Plates.
I love serving this dish with a couple of my favorite side dishes — yummy homemade garlic breadsticks, this delicious just like Olive Garden salad, and my scrumptious dessert of homemade Zuchinni bread. Yes — it may be a carb fest, but it is one of the best carb fests you will ever taste.
My husband is now a very happy man because I make this meal for him!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- ½ of a large onion, diced
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 1 (10 ounce) can of tomato soup
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can of tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Fry the onion and ground beef together in the skillet. Remove from heat and drain. Set aside.
- Grab a large spaghetti pot and cook the elbow macaroni until al dente. Drain and leave in the big pot.
- Add the ground beef to the macaroni.
- Add the soup, diced tomatoes, and paste to the mixture.
- Add the salt and garlic powder.
- Heat for about 30 minutes or until heated all the way through.
Yes– it does taste a bit like spaghetti, but it is really a mixture of spaghetti, lasagna, tacos, soups, stews and more — all in one pot. This will be a dish that you and your family will absolutely love if you decide to fix it. In fact, this dish is one that even my son likes. He is the ultimate picky eater and he loves grabbing a big bowl of Goulash to eat.
If you need a good casserole dish to serve this in, one of my favorites is this casseroval from Rachael Ray. Her Casseroval dish is perfect for Goulash or any other one pot wonder meal. I have one that I use for both lasagna and any casserole dish I prepare. It goes straight from the oven to the table without any fuss!
If you are tight on time and cannot get to the grocery store, you can shop for staples on Amazon. Right now, a pound of elbow macaroni is only $1.88. I love purchasing my pantry staples online — and if you have a Prime account, they offer a special discount price on Prime Pantry Staples.
What is your favorite one pot wonder meal?