I love potatoes any way you can make them. Fried, baked, mashed — anyway you want to slice it 🙂 I first had this potato dish for Double Stuffed Potatoes when we went out to eat somewhere. The flavors just melted in my mouth and I knew I would be wanting to come home and recreate this dish.
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 slices of bacon, chopped, cooked, and crumbled
- 2 scallions chopped
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the potatoes in a 350 degree oven for 1½ hours or until done. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.
- While potatoes are cooling, cook bacon in a frying pan.
- Once bacon is almost done cooking, add scallions to the pan. Cook for one minute and then set it aside.
- Take the potatoes and halve them. Scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl.
- Mix in the sour cream, bacon, onion, and cheese. Add salt and pepper. Taste to see if it needs more seasoning.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells.
- Turn the oven broiler on. Brown the potatoes on top and heat through. Serve warm or room temperature.
The mixture in the potato with sour cream, bacon, and cheese make this dish everything that you thought a potato dish should be.
So what is your favorite side dish with the almighty spud?