I love making homemade pizza from scratch. There is just something about having pizza and knowing that you have made it. It’s a fun way to get your kids in the kitchen cooking and to spend some quality time chatting about what is going on in their lives. Making pizza is one of my daughter’s favorite times together.
We started making homemade pizza one afternoon for a homeschool lesson. We were finishing a series on home ec and our last and final food was pizza. Since that time we have made several different pizza versions. One of our favorite pizza versions is BBQ Chicken Pizza. It is SO good! My personal favorite pizza is a Cheeseburger Pizza. Yes– it tastes just like a burger, but in pizza form. It is SO freaking delicious!
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
No pizza is good though if the crust is not just as good. This recipe here is my very favorite and I use it for all my pizza recipes. It is a no fail crust and will have you making delicious pizzas in no time flat!
- 2½ cups of bread flour
- 1 package of dry yeast
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Honey for drizzling
- cornmeal for dusting
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of the flour, yeast and salt. Stir in water and oil into the mixture.
- Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on a floured surface until elastic -- about 4-6 minutes.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Lightly oil the pizza pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts and roll out to desired thickness.
- Drizzle the dough with a small amount of honey for your liking
- Top with pizza toppings.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of your crust.
What will be your first pizza recipe that you create?