Today is a National holiday if you didn’t know 🙂 It’s National Spaghetti Day! I used to only eat the red sauce spaghetti, but the Pioneer Woman opened my eyes last year when she made her yummy Lemon Spaghetti, and then a friend of mine shared her delicious Chicken Scampi with me, and then Kayla and I started making our own basic Olive Oil, Lemon and Garlic Spaghetti as well. Now, I have a new one to add to the collection — Pesto Spaghetti!
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
This pasta is SO good and delicious. You don’t need heavy sauces. You can make your own pesto and then create this delicious and quick dinner.
- 2 tablespoons chopped pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups basil leaves
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches of pepper
- your favorite spaghetti noodles (fettuccine, angel hair, thin spaghetti, regular spaghetti)
- Add to your food processor the pine nuts and garlic through the feed chute while the motor is on. Process until finely minced.
- Add the olive oil and pulse three times. Add basil, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to the processor bowl.
- Process until finely minced, scraping down sides.
- Set the pesto aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and then add pesto to hot pasta.
- Serve hot, cold, or room temperature
So — what is your favorite pasta dish?