I am not a veggie fan. It has taken every ounce of my being to get to the point that I can enjoy them without wanting to upchuck everything I’ve eaten — no kidding. Salads I can do, but when it comes to brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and broccoli — well that is a whole other story. That was until I learned how to make Roasted Broccoli. Now I am hooked for life.
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
This recipe is SO simple and easy. It takes 3 ingredients and I am telling you that if you are not a big fan of veggies, roasting them will definitely get you to the point that you can eat them.
- One large broccoli stalk or pre-cut bagged broccoli
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. If you choose to use bagged florets, just cut the large ones down so that all the pieces are around the same size.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spread the broccoli onto the sheet. Sprinkle with the sea salt, black pepper, and garlic.
- Pour the olive oil over the broccoli and toss the broccoli in the oil, evenly coating it.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir the broccoli around, flipping the pieces over to ensure even browning. Make sure that your garlic is not burning.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with a healthy salad and a right sized portion of protein for a well rounded and healthy meal.
What have you been making that is better for you?