March is now here and with that comes lots of Spring Cleaning — well, in my book it does. I will be moving to a new home again soon so I have more than my share of cleaning to do. When that happens, I like to create a list of what I need to clean as well as delegate who will be cleaning what.
I found some really great resources online that have already been compiled that deal with Spring Cleaning your home. These come from my favorite bloggers on the Internet, who are trusted and really know what they are doing. I use their tips and tricks all the time.
Here is my extensive Spring Cleaning List for each room of the house:
Spring Cleaning Tips and Tricks
- Martha Stewart has a great printable that I have used for a while now that helps with cleaning your home for the Spring. You can download it here: Martha Stewart’s Spring Cleaning List
- Hillbilly Housewife has a 25 page ebook on deep cleaning your home for the Spring. It’s a free resource that she has written filled with lots of great ideas.
- The Imperfect Homemaker has a great checklist as well. Her site is wonderful and offers lots of tips on how to care and clean your home.
- TipNut offers an extensive list of Spring Cleaning tips — even in places you never thought to clean before!
- One Good Thing By Jillie has tons and tons of homemade cleaning supplies that you will never have to buy store bought again. Search her site and you will see what I mean.
What tools Will I Need?
If you are really going to spring clean your home, you need to make sure you have all the right tools and cleaning supplies on hand. Here is a list that I keep in my home to make sure I am always ready to deep clean something.
- Microfiber Cloths (for general and intricate dusting)
- Vacuum Cleaner Dusting Attachment (for high ceilings, walls, corners)
- Dusting Spray and/or Furniture Polish
- Trash cans (for every room or area in the house)
- Trash can liners (these can be reused grocery sacks, or store bought liners)
- Baking Soda
- Recycling Bins(labeled for easy sorting)
- All-Purpose Cleaner
- Kitchen Cleaner or Wipes
- Bathroom Cleaner or Wipes
- Sponges, Paper Towels, Cleaning Cloths
Specialty Cleaners you might need:
- Oven Cleaner
- Stone Cleaner
- Dish Soap
- Dish Detergent
- Wood Polish
- Upholstery Spot Remover
- Leather Cleaner
- Laundry Soap
- Laundry Stain Remover
- Laundry Additives
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Soft Scrubbing Cleaner
- Air Freshener
- Glass Cleaner
- Silver or Metal Polish
Now that you have a huge list of ways to spring clean as well as what you need, there is nothing stopping you from getting your home sparkling, fresh smelling, and clean! Say buh-bye winter and hello to sunshine and warmth!! 🙂
What is your best Spring Cleaning tip?