A couple of weeks ago, we had a bake sale at church. My daughter found a recipe in one of my cookbooks called Desserts in Jars. It basically was a cookie mix with all of the dry ingredients added. A note was attached to the side with the list of wet ingredients and how to bake them. This really makes for an adorable gift to give someone.
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
She made up a couple for our bake sale. My pastor’s wife bought one set and made them that afternoon and talked about how delicious they were, so I bought the other box to make for us at home. They turned out DELICIOUS!
Here is the recipe in it’s entirety for you to make at home. You will definitely want more of these cookies.
- 2 sticks of Butter (salted) Softened
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 1-1/2 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 2 whole Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1-1/2 cup QUICK Oats
- ½ cup M & M'S
- ½ cup Pecans, Chopped
- ¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2-1/4 cups Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter with sugars until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and beat.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt. Add to mixing bowl and mix till combined. After that, add in remaining ingredients in whatever quantity you prefer.
- Add Rice Crispies at the very end, mixing until just combined. Be careful not overmix!
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop balls of dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, then allow to cool on a rack.
What is the best cookie you have ever made?