Even though it’s summer time, I still love to have a good bowl of soup. When the weather is rainy or dreary — I pull out my big stock pot and make a yummy bowl of soup. I discovered a heavenly Cheeseburger Soup at the blog I was assigned this month for the Surprise Recipe Swap.
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
At Sugar Cookies to Peterbilt, you will find tons of yummy recipes. I really had a hard time just picking one. She cooks a lot like I do, so I chose about 5 to start with and then had to narrow it down.
I love a lady who loves her food and loves to cook!
Here is the recipe for Cheeseburger Soup. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 C. water
- 2½ C. cubed potatoes
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ c. green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ t. salt
- 2 cubes beef bullion
- 1½ lbs. ground beef
- 2½ c. milk, divided
- 3 T. flour
- ½ lb. Velveeta, cubed
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- In large saucepan add water, potatoes, carrots, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic. Sprinkle salt and bullion over mixture. Over medium heat, bring to boil. Then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until your potatoes are tender.
- While your veggie mix is cooking, in skillet cook beef until brown; drain. When the potatoes are tender, add beef and 2 cups of milk to the saucepan. Combine remaining ½ c. milk with flour, stirring until smooth; add to soup. Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir in cheese until melted. Add cayenne pepper and a couple grinds of nutmeg.
What soup recipes do you make during the summer time?
Check out what all the other Surprise Recipe Swap bloggers are fixing!