Awhile back while buying tons of frozen blackberries for dessert, my daughter and I came up with this recipe. She is a lover of smoothies and drinks, she is all the time experimenting to see how they turn out. From that, we created this Blackberry Summer Smoothie.
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh blackberries (with a few more for garnish)
- ½ cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 cups of ice
- Blend all together in a blender and then serve in your favorite drinking glass. Garnish the top of your drink with more blackberries and a sprig of mint if you have it handy.
The best way to get nutrition is from food, and by consuming a healthful smoothie every day you are getting most of your nutrition in one proven delicious dosage.
Consuming Raw Fruits and Vegetables in a smoothie every day will do several things for you:
- Save you money and time
- Ensure you are properly hydrated at the beginning of the day
- Provide you with the full spectrum of nature’s vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants
- Give you plenty of natural fiber to ensure excellent digestion
- Provide you with the scientifically proven best “brain fuel” in the form of fructose
- Help empower your immune system to protect you from illness
What is your favorite way to have a smoothie? Do you make them at home?