It’s time again for another Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge. This time around our ingredients are Peaches and Cream. I looked all over the Internet and discovered that people were using Peaches in muffins with a creamy, delicious substance, so I created these yummy Peaches and Cream Muffins.
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
These muffins were super easy to make and they are a really yummy morning breakfast food for your homeschoolers or school aged children (muffins are my daughter’s favorite breakfast)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk or sour cream
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- In a bowl, beat egg; add milk and oil. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture just until moistened. Stir in the peaches.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- After peaches come out and have cooled, make the glaze and drizzle each one with a little bit.
What is your favorite breakfast muffin? I would love to hear about it.
Want to see what other bloggers made for this challenge? Check it out below!