This month for the Secret Recipe Club, I was given the blog Cheese Curd in Paradise to find a recipe from. Since I have been making a lot of savory recipes lately, I decided to see what dessert recipe I could find. My son is in love with peanut butter cookies, so when I saw her recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, I knew that would be the one I would create. It was spot on.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (I used Jif)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer, mix peanut butter and sugar till fluffy. Add the egg. Finally gently fold in chocolate chips.
- On a non stick cookie sheet (I used parchment paper), evenly space the cookies. Use your fingers to mold them into uniform size and circles, and then use a fork to press the cookies down.
- Bake in the oven for 6-10 minutes depending on the cookie size .
- Allow cookies to cool for 10-15 minutes on a wire rack.
These cookies go great with a tall glass of milk and good conversation.
I really love the Secret Recipe Club because it has helped me to find a lot of great bakers who blog that I might not have ever seen their site before.
To see other great recipes from Secret Recipe Club members, visit the links below!