Last week I made some really easy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. While I shared the frosting recipe in that post, I really thought it needed its own post, because it is SO much tastier and easier to make your own homemade cream cheese frosting than buying store bought.
Seriously — if you ever make homemade, you will never want store bought again. It tastes SO heavenly on everything.
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Use it as a sweet dip for graham crackers, or as an icing for cupcakes, cakes, or anything you want to put it on.
What is your favorite icing recipe? Do you have any variations of cream cheese icing?