When I was a little girl, I loved going over to my friend’s house. Her mom made these delicious, soft and chewy cookies. Each bite was filled with the chocolatey goodness of M&M candies. Today — I decided to make that Old Fashioned M&M Cookies recipe for my family, and as I suspected — it was a total hit.
This recipe is one of those kind you want to pass down to your children so that they can, in turn, pass it down to their.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups candy-coated milk chocolate
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla thoroughly. Add flour, salt, and baking soda to creamed mixture. Blend well. Add ¾ cup of M&M candies.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet. Slightly push a few candies on top of each dough ball with remaining candies.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 9 to 11 minutes, to your liking.
I have many favorite cookie recipes like my Kris Kringle Cookies, or my delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies, or even my Peanut Butter Buckeye Balls.
Making cookies like the ones above are not hard if you keep your pantry stocked and your recipe box full!
Do you have a favorite old fashioned cookie recipe?