Here we are already into the second day of January and my one word for the year is on my mind. I have prayed and asked God what would He have me focus on this year and all I could feel being spoken to my heart was this one word —determination.
There are many things that I am determined to do this year and do them I will — because the Bible says that “All things are possible to Him who gives me strength”
I am determined to —
- Lose the last 30 pounds that I need to lose
- Date my husband more — go on at least 2 dates a month
- Be more creative with my daughter’s homeschooling
- Write at least one of the books I have rolling around in my brain
- Invest in the lives of the youth in our church
- love myself
I have a hard time with all of those things and this year, I am determined to mark them all completed by the end of 2014. I think it is not so much that I have a hard time, but I just have not taken the time to make time for these areas of my life.
I want to love more
I want to create more
I want to give selfishly
Writing my book is the main one I really want to focus on this year. I have been so afraid of writing it, but I know that God will use it for His glory in some aspect.
What about you? What is your one word for 2014?