I have found a new favorite veggie of mine — brussel sprouts. Yes — I love them! I wasn’t for sure if I was going to like them or not, but I have found out just how much I crave them. They are simply delicious. They go great in this quick 15 minute supper dish — Steak and Brussel Sprouts Stirfry.
This meal comes together very quickly and looks stunning on the plate. To make the rice look like the Thai and Asian restaurants, simply use a measuring cup to scoop it up and mold it before placing it on the plate. It gives it that professional restaurant look 🙂
Here is the recipe! Hope you enjoy.
- 8 ounces of sirloin steak cut into strips
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 8 ounces of Brussel Sprouts
- 1 carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 thumb of ginger
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 scallions
- 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of veggie oil
- Add 1½ cups of water to a microwave safe bowl. Add the rice with a pinch of salt and place in a microwave on high for 15 minutes.
- Season the steak with salt. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saute pan. Add the beef strips and cook in a single layer until browned and nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes. You may need to cook this in batches.
- While the meat is cooking, work on your veggie prep.
- Quarter the brussel sprouts.
- Peel and dice up the carrot.
- Slice the scallions and separate the green and the white portions into different piles.
- Slice the jalapeno, remove the seeds, and dice up.
- Mince the garlic and set aside.
- Peel ginger and mince up.
- Combine the vinegar and the soy sauce together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pan over med high heat. Add the brussel sprouts and cook, tossing occasionally until golden brown. Once they are crisp tender, about 4 minutes, set aside with cooked steak.
- In the same pan that you cooked the brussel sprouts, add the white scallions, garlic, ginger, and carrots. Cook until fragrant, about a minute, before adding the jalapenos. Cook for about 3 minutes until the carrots are softened.
- Return the sprouts and the steak to the pan. Add the soy sauce mixture and cook, tossing until the sauce is thickened.
- Once the rice is done cooking, fluff with a fork and serve the rice in a mound on your plate and top with stir fry. Sprinkle scallion greens on top and enjoy!
I love simple and healthy dishes that I can prepare in a flash. What about you? Do you have a favorite “quick 15 minute supper dish”?
Need more quick suppers? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
Veggie Fried Rice from Around My Family Table
Gyro-style Greek Wraps from Better in Bulk
Mandarin Orange Chicken from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
15 Minute Tortellini Soup with Tomato & Peppers from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
Tortilla Crusted Tilapia from Lizzie Jane Baby
Tuna Burgers from Just 2 Sisters
Spicy Pepperoni Pizza Cups from Sweeties Freebies
Steak and Brussel Sprouts Stirfry from Jen’s Journey
Buttery Thyme Noodles from A Nation of Moms
Shrimp Fajita Omelette from Turning the Clock Back
Head over to our #15MinuteSuppers Pinterest Board to see all the past recipes and more delicious goodness!
Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.