Today is the SRC Reveal Day for group B. This time, I had the pleasure of getting the blog From Grandma Loy’s Kitchen where I found SO many yummy recipes that I wanted to make. I finally settled upon a delicious BLT Salad with Homemade Dressing that she had. I am not one to change components of a recipe that belongs to someone else until I have made it first just like it is. This recipe does not need ANY adjustments whatsoever.
Grandma Loy blessed my heart right from the get go when I saw that she has been married to her husband for 50 years. I love reading stories of women who make their marriage work and who stay together.
She and I have a lot in common! She loves to knit, cook, sew, and quilt — and like me – she loves to devour cookbooks like they were novels! Honestly I would rather read a cookbook from cover to cover than I would a book.
Here is her yummy recipe for the BLT Salad with Homemade dressing. You will want to make this the next time you are having a salad with dinner.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 1 /2 c. lettuce cut into chunks
- 1 medium fresh tomato
- ¼ c. chopped red onion
- some croutons to top salad
- ¼ c sour cream
- ½ T. sugar
- ½ T. vinegar (your choice)
- ⅛ t. garlic powder
- ⅛ t. onion powder
- ⅛ t. dried dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon until very crisp. Drain, cool and crumble into large pieces.
- While bacon is cooking, stir together the sour cream, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Chop and measure lettuce and place in a large individual salad dish. Slice and chop tomato and add to lettuce. Add chopped onion and bacon.
- Stir to blend. Pour half of dressing over the salad and mix till salad ingredients are well coated.
- Scatter some croutons over the top of the salad, eat and enjoy.
If you don’t have any croutons in your pantry, use my easy peasy recipe for making your own. You can find that recipe HERE.
See what all the other SRC Bloggers are making
Check out all the other recipes for the SRC Reveal for Group B.