It’s time for another Secret Recipe Club reveal. This month, I was given the wonderful blog of Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking. There are SO many yummy recipes listed on this site, that I had a very hard time deciding. However, I finally landed on the delicious Mini Muffin Corn Dog recipe — cause let’s face it — corn dogs rule!
My kids loved these — and so did the parents! They are super easy to throw together and make for a great dinner or an appetizer — whichever way you choose to do it.
- 1 cup White Cornmeal
- 1 cup Yellow Cornmeal
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 1½ Cups Buttermilk (I used 1 cup milk and ½ cup Sour Cream)
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3-4 Hot Dogs, cut into ½ inch coins
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. *If making your own substitute for Buttermilk, like I did, mix the milk and sour cream together and let sit at room temperature for a little while, the milk will thicken and you'll get more of the buttermilk tang.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and thoroughly combine with a whisk.
- Place a couple of teaspoons of batter into the greased mini muffin tins.Then put the hot dog 'coin' into the batter.
- Bake for about 15 minutes and serve.
Want to see what other Secret Recipe Bloggers are making? Check out the blog hop below!