I love, love, love chocolate chip cookies and what better way to celebrate National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day on May 15th, than with one of my favorite cookies — White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies!
These cookies are super delicious — but what makes them mouth watering is my new secret ingredient — Nielsen-Massey Vanillas.
Chocolate chip cookies are America’s favorite cookies to bake and share, and the sweet, creamy flavor of Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract makes this chewy, bakery-style chocolate chip cookie recipe one for the recipe box.
If you are used to making just old fashioned Chocolate chip cookies, here are some baking tips that will definitely give your cookies a punch. I use these tips ALL the time when trying out new cookie recipes.
- Switch the chips: Instead of using 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips, try using white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or a combination of all three. Using coarsely chopped baking chocolate instead of chips will add a gourmet feel to the recipe.
- Make it nutty: Try adding 1 cup of coarsely chopped nuts to the batter. Pecans or walnuts are a classic addition, while macadamia nuts or pistachios add a bit of a nontraditional flair.
- Salt the tops: Baked goods aren’t just about the sugar; salt amplifies the flavors in even the sweetest recipes. Sprinkle the tops of your cookies with coarse sea salt just before baking to bring out the flavors of the brown sugar and chocolate in this recipe. Try using a smoked sea salt for an extra-special touch.
- Build a sandwich: Pair this recipe with your favorite ice cream flavor for the perfect ice cream sandwich, or spread them with buttercream frosting for a cookie sandwich treat. Use a peanut butter frosting for that classic chocolate and peanut butter combination that everyone loves.
So — now — here is my recipe for these delicious Macadamia Nut Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and stir until well combined. Drop onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.
Be sure to follow Nielsen-Massey on Facebook and Twitter.
Enter to win
One lucky reader is going to win a 2 ounce bottle of this delicious vanilla to pump up your baking flavors! Use the Giveaway Tools form below to enter.