This week for 15 Minute Suppers we are doing a theme of beverages. I decided to do something fruity since it is summer and already scorching hot. For my recipe, I created a delicious Blackberry Lemonade.
Creating this beverage is so very easy. You start with a simple syrup of water and sugar and then add in a few frozen blackberries. The mixture will heat on the stove melting the sugar, and then allowing the blackberries to release their natural juices, creating a beautiful purple syrup to add to your lemonade.
Then in a strainer, dump your simple syrup mixture and the juice will drain into a bowl while the berries stay in the strainer. You can save them and use them in ice cream and other dishes.
Once you have your simple syrup, pour your lemonade into a glass.
I did about 1/2 and 1/2 ratio — 1/2 a glass of lemonade and then 1/2 glass of simple blackberry syrup.
Top the glass with ice and a few of the blackberries from the simple syrup you made and you will have a very delicious glass of Blackberry Lemonade.
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 1 cup of frozen blackberries
- ½ cup of Lemonade
- ice cubes
- In a saucepan on medium high heat, add ½ cup of sugar, ½ cup of water, and the blackberries. Heat until sugar is dissolved and blackberries have colored the water purple.
- Remove from heat and place a bowl on the counter. Put mesh strainer above the bowl and pour blackberry simple syrup into the bowl.
- Set the blackberry pulp aside.
- In a glass add some ice cubes and ½ glass full of lemonade. Top with the same amount of blackberry simple syrup. Garnish with a few of the blackberries from the pulp.
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Blueberry Avocado Greek Yogurt Smoothie from Better in Bulk
- Blackberry Lemonade from Jen’s Journey
- Chocolate Banana Shakes from Songs Kate Sang
- Watermelon Strawberry Aqua Fresca from Around My Family Table
- Sunshine Berry Spritzer from Liz on Call
- Caramel Banana Cheesecake Smoothies from Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
- Mango Avocado Smoothie from Upstate Ramblings
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.