A few weeks ago I was at the grocery store and picked up a loaf of Italian bread to have with dinner. I laid it on the counter over my all my bread when I got home, but somehow I forgot it was there. I found it a few days ago, and saw that it was pretty stale, but did not want to throw it out. I decided to slice it up and make Easy Homemade Croutons.
If you want to take your salad over the top — you will want to make these. All it requires is a few spices from your pantry, some day old bread, and a good olive oil — like Emilie Noel Artisan Oils.
Emile Noël mills a wide selection of organic virgin olive, nut, and seed oils including mild olive, robust olive, sesame, toasted sesame, sunflower oil, sunflower spray, pumpkin seed, hazelnut, walnut, and sweet almond. There’s a flavor for every palate and style of cooking—helping to enhance a varied, balanced diet.
Emile Noel artisan oils are available in the US at select Whole Foods Markets, Sprouts and various natural food stores.
- 1 loaf of day old italian bread
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper for taste
- ¼ cup of Emile Noel Artisan Olive Oil
- Cube your bread up into 1" cubes.
- Toss with Olive Oil and then sprinkle on the seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Place under the broiler until browned. You will need to turn a few times to get all sides browned and then place on top of your favorite salad.
Have you ever made croutons before?
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.