One thing I love more than anything is a delicious pickle. Now — I am not one of those girls who likes store bought pickles. No way. I love homemade pickles and I have a quick and easy refrigerator dill pickles recipe for you. It takes me literally minutes to make this, and I always have a homemade crunchy pickle on hand to top my juicy burgers with.
- 3 cups of sliced cucumbers (slice to your preference)
- 2 chopped scallions (whites and greens)
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of distilled white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon of mustard seed
- ¼ teaspoon of celery seed
- ½ teaspoon of fresh dill
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Place cucumbers and onions in a large mason jar; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir just until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture; cool. Place in the refrigerator. Ready to eat in just under an hour.
These are great on top of a burger, but they are also delicious just as they are — as a side dish with your favorite grilled meat.
If you are like many of my friends, they are trying to use up their cucumbers right now and this is the perfect way to do that.
Have you ever made refrigerator pickles before?