The other day a friend of mine was celebrating her birthday. She recently changed her diet to a low carb diet and has really lost a lot of weight. She is super inspiring to me, so I wanted to make her something for her birthday that she could enjoy, so I found this amazing recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake Frozen Treats.
I found this recipe on the site Low Carb, So Simple. I don’t know much about eating low carb (although I am starting to learn a little bit), but I really wanted to bless her, so I made a batch of these and they turned out SO delicious!
These taste just like strawberry cheesecake ice-cream and are so creamy — and I love that they do not leave an aftertaste in your mouth.
Plus — they are Keto friendly for those of you who are eating that type of diet.
- ½ cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 10–15 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- While still cold, cut your cream cheese and butter into small pieces and place in your mixing bowl. Leave at room temperature for 30–60 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile, wash the strawberries and remove the tops. Place them in a blender and chop.
- Next, add in your stevia and vanilla extract to the strawberries and mix well.
- Let strawberries set out for about 15 minutes to reach room temperature.
- Add strawberries to the mixing bowl with cream cheese and butter. Mix well using an electric or stand mixer.
- Spoon the mixture into small muffin silicon molds
- Place in the freezer for about 2 hours or until set.
This recipe is so easy and my friend LOVED them and was so glad to have a guilt free dessert for her birthday!
What about you? What are your favorite guilt free desserts?