Awhile back, we had family coming in for the day — and to be honest, I had not been to the store to do any type of grocery shopping whatsoever. I scrounged my pantry and my refrigerator and came up with a delicious meal, including this side for Baked Parmesan Zuchinni.
Never in a million years did I think that this side dish was going to taste as awesome as it did. I served it alongside my homemade lasagna, with a delicious helping of garlic bread and my rustic apple pie for dessert.
I was glad to have found this recipe because I had some zuchinni laying around from where I had recently made Zuchinni bread. I didn’t use it all and needed to find a quick use for it — and this recipe fit the bill.
These Zuchinni sticks are crisp and delicious with just the right amount of flavor thanks to the Parmesan cheese.
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and spices. Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15 -20 minutes.
- Next, broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the crisp and golden brown. Serve immediately with a lovely pasta dinner!
What is your favorite side dish that surprised you?