I tried my hand this week at homemade blackberry cobbler. All I can say is it was OUT OF THIS WORLD!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 and ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup of self rising flour
- 2 generous cups of blackberries (frozen or fresh)
- Melt butter in microwaveable dish.
- Pour 1 cup of sugar and flour into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in milk
- Mix well. Then pour in melted butter and whisk it all together.
- Rinse blackberries and pat dry.
- Pour batter into a buttered baking dish.
- Drop blackberries in batter. Make sure they are scattered evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup sugar over cobbler.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until golden and bubbly.
I got this recipe from the Pioneer Woman website. She does an amazing job fixing delicious desserts like this one. When she makes this she uses fresh blackberries, but for me, because of the time of year it is, I use frozen.
Frozen basically is the same as fresh because the fruit is purchased during its peak season and flash frozen to keep the flavor in.
If you make this dish, be sure to do what I said and serve it with vanilla ice cream. It is DELICIOUS!
What is your favorite cobbler?