I decided a few weeks ago that my bedroom is a HOT mess and needs to be redone. I mean, anybody that knows anything about me knows that I have NO interior design knowledge AT ALL. So I am hoping that I can get some help from you guys with making it a space I am going to love and want to relax in.
As you can tell — it is UGLY at the moment and looks like a complete catch all for everything and anything.
In fact, I did a Periscope about it today and if you want to see what my bedroom looks like in real life, you can watch it below.
I have a few plans in mind for this room already, but I could really use some help choosing curtains, paint colors, flooring choices, etc.
So here is what is getting changed —
- Purging the closet and getting rid of ALL clutter — boxes, etc. (it’s a hot mess in there)
- Choosing a new paint color and getting rid of the dark brown. I am thinking a Cafe Cream color from Home Depot or Lowe’s
- We are going from a Queen Sized bed to a King Sized Bed (praise the Lord)
- New Nightstands that actually match (I just got two from Target that I am IN LOVE with))
- A highboy chest of drawers or a dresser
- Remove the carpet and pray that the floor underneath looks good. If it does, we will buff and refinish it
- Get new closet doors — bifold
- A homemade headboard ( I found the coolest headboard idea on Pinterest)
- Small writing desk
- New wall art (because it looks like a little boy’s room))
- Replace the windows back there with 2 new windows
- New bedding (just ordered my king size bedding from Target
Okay – so here are my Target purchases that I just made today:
My nightstands look like this —
And this is the look I am going for — and the headboard I want to make!
So — what do you think? Can you help a girl out? Am I going in the right direction here?