In our home, nothing gets thrown out. We are always looking for ways to upcycle and recycle things to help the environment, so when we started changing out our lightbulbs from the old style to the new energy saving style, we had tons of them lying around. It was then that my daughter discovered this idea on Pinterest, and our light bulb Christmas ornaments were born.
My daughter is taking over the craft section on my blog and this is her very first amazing Pinterest remake. She is the super crafty one — not me.
So to get started making this craft, you only need a few supplies —
Then you have to figure out a way to get your light bulb sitting up so that you can paint the faces and such on it and it can dry.
This is what my daughter came up with and I think it is a great idea!
By creating a bed of rubberbands, you will have the perfect place for your lightbulb to sit while it dries or while you paint on it.
For the snowman
The first ornament that my daughter painted was the snowman ornament. She knows how much I love those, so she did a step by step tutorial for you below.
You can find all kinds of inspiration on Pinterest of different ways to paint your light bulbs. Kayla likes to just do things her own way, so she came up with her designs.
She loves being all crafty — me not so much. You give me a kitchen and a recipe and I am in my element, but making crafts is so not my thing!
Here is Kayla’s tutorial on creating the penguin ornament —
She plans on passing this ornament on to her friend who LOVES penguins. Now, while I loved the snowman and I loved the penguin, when she created the reindeer, I fell madly in love with this one.
Here is the tutorial on the reindeer ornament.
Isn’t he just adorable?
One extra thing you will need for your reindeer is a set of antlers, which are just twigs from the yard.
Instead of throwing things out when you think they have run their course, why not try to find a creative way to reuse them?
For more Pinterest Remakes, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Peppermint Body Scrub in 5 Minutes by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Maple Roasted Carrots by Upstate Ramblings
- Stamped Alcohol Inked Coasters by How Was Your Day?
- Acorn Squash Stuffing Recipe by A Mom’s Take
- Chocolate “Muddy Buddy” Snowy Pinecones by Food Fun Family
- Winter White Red Velvet Fudge by Mom Does it All
- How to Make a Coffee Filter Wreath by Mom Always Finds Out
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Bars by Home and Garden Cafe
- Coconut Crescent Layer Bars by Sincerely, Mindy
- Make your Own Christmas Tree by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Do It Yourself Cork Coasters by Philzendia