One of my all time favorite candies at Christmas is Praline Pecans. However, if I make them the normal way, they are LOADED with tons of calories because of all the sugar used to make them. This season, however, I can have my favorite candy without any of the guilt thanks to SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener. It is the perfect #SweetSwap for me!
Making this, I swapped out the normal sugar and brown sugar for the Splenda versions. SPLENDA® Sweetener Products can be used almost anywhere sugar is used, including cooking and baking.
To inspire and motivate smart choices, SPLENDA® Brand is dishing out SWEET SWAPS™—ways to swap out full sugar for SPLENDA® Sweetener Products.
How to Make Praline Pecans
So, to start making this, I mixed together 1 egg white and a tablespoon of water. You beat it until it is frothy.
Then set it aside while you mi together your sugars and spices.
Take 1/2 cup of brown sugar and place in a bowl.
I was so excited to be making these because I knew I could eat them without feeling guilty since I was swapping out my sugar.
SPLENDA® Sweetener Products can help in your weight management efforts by reducing calories from full sugar.
The next step is to add in 1/2 cup of white sugar.
Then add in 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Mix all of this together and set aside.
Now, take your 12 ounces of pecans and pour into the egg/water mixture. Stir them so that all the pecans get coated.
Then take your sugar mixture and pour on top of your coated pecans.
Stir them around to make sure that the sugar coats every bit of the pecans. Once you have them coated, they should look like this —
Now, line a tray with aluminum foil (please do not forget this step. You will thank me later). Pour out your pecans on this tray and put them in a preheated 250 degree oven.
You will bake them for one hour. Every 15 minutes, pull them out and stir them. It will look yucky as it is baking, but don’t give up. They will turn out amazing and delicious.
- 12 ounces of Pecan halves
- ½ cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- ½ cup of Splenda Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a bow, beat egg white and water until frothy. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine sugars, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Take pecans and mix with egg and water mixture. Stir until all pecans have been coated.
- Pour in your sugar mixture and continue to stir pecans until they are coated well in sugar mixture.
- pour pecans onto the foil lined cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Every 15 minutes remove from the oven and stir with a silicone spatula.
- At the end of the hour, remove from the oven and allow pecans to cool. Box up and give as a gift or serve at a party or function.
After the timer goes off and you have taken them out of the oven, let them cool.
You can put them in a cute little bucket and give them as a gift like I did —
Or, if you are having a party, set them out in a festive dish for everyone to enjoy!
As a brand dedicated to adding sweetness to life, SPLENDA® inspires me to make smarter, balanced decisions with SWEET SWAPS™. These choices can help me create a sweet life and ensure a sweet future down the road.
Find more recipes like these, with tips, tricks and more at SweetSwaps.com.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.