The other night, I found an amazing recipe for Bang Bang Chicken on Pinterest from one of my favorite bakers, Damn Delicious. Her recipes are FABULOUS.
I have seen this recipe running around the internet for a while and have wanted to make it, so I broke down the other night and got the stuff and whipped it up for my family.
They all said that it was hands down, the best dish I have ever made — like ever.
What makes this chicken taste so fabulous is the bang bang sauce that you mix together to put over the chicken. Before you add that, you have fried nuggets, but then add in the bang bang sauce and you have a wonderful and most delightful dish.
This dish can be made in 30 minutes. The thing that takes the longest is getting your mixes together (dry and liquid) to dip your chicken pieces in.
Here is the recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
Adapted a little from Damn Delicious
- ½ cup vegetable oil, or more, as needed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups Panko
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Hot Sauce
- To make the sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, honey and Hot Sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working one at a time, dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, then into the Panko. Make sure to coat it good.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with sweet chili sauce.
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Berry Sipper Mocktail by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Starbucks Cup Gift Card Holder by Homemaking Hacks
- Ice Lanterns by Upstate Ramblings
- Lip Scrub by Nicole Bangerter
- The Best Homemade Vanilla Extract by How Was Your Day?
- The Best Crockpot Chili Recipe by Food Fun Family
- Vintage Cheddar and Gruyere Mac and Cheese with Polish Kielbasa by A Day in Motherhood
- Flourless Brownies with Craisins and Pistachios by Day by Day in Our World
- DIY Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Tiger Nut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies by Home and Garden Cafe
- Frozen Banana Yogurt Peanut Dog Treats by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Oatmeal by Sincerely Mindy
- Garlic Monkey Bread Recipe by Gator Mommy
- Homemade Vanilla Orange Mint Sugar Scrub by Baby Loving Mama
- Valentine’s Day Strawberries by Sizzling Eats
- All Natural 2 Ingredient Lip Gloss by The Socialite’s Closet
- Pantry Tomato Pasta by The Guavalicious Life