During the holidays I do tons of baking and cooking making. I recently created some quick and easy sugar cookies that turn out perfectly every single time!
Sugar cookies are one of those special cookies that brings you back to your childhood. My momma used to love baking and when I would come home from school, I can always remember there being some type of treat to enjoy while I did my homework.
The secret to making your cookies bake evenly though is a very simple purchase – parchment paper!
I order mine on Amazon because I get such a great deal on such a huge roll. It comes in very handy during the holidays when I am baking, baking, baking away my day!
I love using these cookies as the base of my sugar cookie fruit pizzas (just click here to get that recipe)
So — how easy are these quick and easy sugar cookies? Literally you will have mouthwatering delicious cookies on a plate in less than 30 minutes.
You don’t have to freeze or chill the dough. The minute you are done mixing it up, then you drop it on the cookie sheet and voila! They are ready to go.
Speaking of cookie sheets, I love buying the pro size from Amazon. Kitchenaid has a bigger version and it has not changed colors on me or anything and holds up so well.
Here’s the recipe for you! Hope you enjoy it.
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
What is your favorite holiday cookie?