I love finding winter tv shows on television that are exciting and suspenseful, but also teach me something. That is why I am ecxcited about the new Taboo FX Premiere. Click here to learn all about it and then click here to enter to win $3000 worth of diamonds!
Set in 1814, Taboo follows James Keziah Delaney, a man who has been to the ends of the earth and comes back irrevocably changed. Believed to be long dead, he returns home to London from Africa to inherit what is left of his father’s shipping empire and rebuild a life for himself. But his father’s legacy is a poisoned chalice, and with enemies lurking in every dark corner, James must navigate increasingly complex territories to avoid his own death sentence. Encircled by conspiracy, murder and betrayal, a dark family mystery unfolds in a combustible tale of love and treachery.
Now if that doesn’t sound like a gritty mystery that is sure to get others interested! TabooFX is sure to be my new favorite television show when it airs on January 10th on FX network.
In order to prepare you for the show I have gathered ten slang words you might hear on Taboo along with their meaning.
I can remember using slang terms back in the day when I was in high school — so finding slang terms they would use in the 19th century made me smile and feel a little nostalgic.
19th Century Slang Terms You Might Hear on Taboo on FX:
- Half-Rats: Meaning partially intoxicated. With the amount of drama going on in this show, I’m sure we will see a lot of half-rats running around.
- Meater: Meaning coward. James is sure to run into a few Meater’s as he unravels deep family history and secrets.
- Sauce-Box: The Mouth. As James breaks down invisible walls he is sure to ruffle a few feathers and punch a few people in their sauce-box.
- Shake A Flannin: To Fight. We are sure to see a lot of gritty fight scenes in Taboo.
- Don’t Sell Me A Dog: Means don’t lie to me
- Church-Bell: A talkative woman.
- Bricky: Brave or fearless
- Bubble Around: A verbal attack
- Apple Dumplin Shot: A woman’s bosom
- Fart Catcher: A valet or footman
I think out of those 10 slang terms — sauce-box and fart catcher happen to be my new favorites. I shall be using those quite a lot this week. Just watch the trailer below to get a taste of what you’ll see.
TabooFX is full of mystery, danger and darkness. Clear your schedule and prepare to watch Taboo when it premieres on FX on January 10th.